If you are like me and you prefer to skip the line at the ticket counter, then I suggest purchasing a Swiss Pass before you leave the country. The Swiss Pass offers unlimited travel on the Swiss Travel System which includes trains, buses and boats. Use it to get around Switzerland seamlessly and with ease and without worries of conversion rates!
As if that wasn’t enough, as an added bonus, the Swiss Pass offers entrance to more than 400 museums (requires a day of travel from your pass) and also 50% off of cable cars and mountain railways (25% off on Jungfraujoch).
Here’s what you get:
- This pass gives you unlimited travel on the Swiss Travel system, trains, buses and boats.
- Travel on 41 city transit systems (requires a day of travel): Bern, Geneva, Luzern, Montreux, and Zurich… just to name a few!
- Choice of consecutive and flexi passes.
- The consecutive pass is available for 4, 8, 15, 22 days or 1 month of consecutive travel. Example: You may choose to travel from Monday to Thursday, which would count as 4 days of travel.
- Flexipass is available for 3, 4, 5 or 6 days of consecutive or non-consecutive travel within a 1 month period. Example: You may choose to travel on Monday and then again on Thursday this would count as 2 days of travel.
- Includes a Swiss Museum Pass with free access to over 400 museums (requires a day of travel).
- Free Swiss Family Card allows children under 16 to travel free with a parent or legal guardian, all other children aged 6-15 not traveling with a parent discounted at half price.
- Children under 6 free when sharing an adult passenger’s accommodations.
- Seat reservations are required on all scenic and high-speed trains and are supplemental to the pass.
Thinking of traveling to Switzerland this fall? Make sure you don’t miss the Swiss Fall 2-for-1 Promotion along with our Magnificent Switzerland Vacation!
Valid for travel between September 1 and November 30, 2012, this promotion offers either the 4-day Swiss Saverpass or 4 day in 1 month Swiss Saver Flexipass at a 50% discount for two people traveling together. Pass must be validated no later than November 28, 2012 and travel must be completed by 11:59pm on November 30, 2012.