Frequently Asked Questions
1. Do I have to be a travel agent to book on your website?
Yes, you must be a licensed seller of travel to book on our website. If your agency is not registered with Avanti, please submit the agency registration form here and fax your W-9 information to us at (800) 422-9505.
2. How do I update my website user registration?
Please contact our Web Team with the details of your request: firstname.lastname@example.org
3. How do I change my password?
To change your password, please email us at email@example.com or call us at (800) 422-5053 ext 0
4. If I booked over the phone, can I apply payment online?
Yes, you can apply payment via our website for any booking. Login to our site for secure access. The “Apply Payment” link under “Agent Resources” will not display until you login.
5. Are all the products that you offer available online?
Unfortunately, not all of our products can be booked online at this time.
6. How do I modify my bookings online?
If your quote is not paid, you may access your booking by first logging into your account. Once you are in the Agent Dashboard, find "Active Bookings" and click on the quote number you would like to modify. Once the quote is accessed, you will see the "modify booking" option at the top of the page. Land items may be added, changed, or removed from the booking. If the booking is paid, it cannot be modified online. Please contact us at 888-213-7245 if you need to make changes to a booking that is paid.
7. Can I book more than one room at a time?
Multiple rooms can be booked in the same itinerary. After adding in the first room to the itinerary, use the “add another room” button for additional rooms.
1. Where do I find my invoice?
Please log-in to your account to access your Agent Dashboard. From here, you can access all your active saved itineraries, quotes and bookings. When you are viewing the itinerary, you will find options at the top of the screen to email this itinerary to yourself or your client.
2. How do I add or remove services from my booking?
Prior to initial payment, you may modify your booking online. If payment has been applied, you will need to call us to make any changes. Fees may apply.
3. How do I apply payment to a booking?
You can apply payment via our website for any booking. Login to our site, for secure access. The “Apply Payment” link under “Agent Resources” will not display until you login.
4. How do I know when the items in my booking are confirmed?
Hotels, Tours and Transfers will be requested once payment is received. Requests typically take 1-3 business to process. If the products selected are not available, we will offer alternate products.
5. What is your groups policy?
For 10 or more adults traveling together, please contact our Groups Department to receive a quote. We offer group travel in Central America and South America. In Europe, we offer group pre- and post-cruise options.
1. What destinations does Avanti sell?
Our destinations include Europe, Central America and South America.
2. Where do I find descriptions of hotels and tours?
Descriptions of our products can be accessed whether you are booking, or browsing. If you are booking an itinerary, all of the descriptions will be available in the product link. If you are just looking for descriptions of our products, the easiest way is to browse our Product Guides where you’ll be able to find all of our hotels, tours and vacation packages per country and city.
3. Do all hotels offer A/C?
Not all hotels have A/C. Standards throughout different countries can vary greatly. Keep in mind that even if a hotel offers A/C, there could be local government regulations controlling the season that these can be used.
4. My clients are arriving on a cruise. Can you arrange pre- and post-cruise stays, tours, etc?
Yes, we can arrange hotel accommodations, sightseeing options and transfers to/from the pier. Here is a quick guide to our pre- and post-cruise packages, but of course, you can customize any of our products to best suit your client’s needs.
5. Is breakfast included with your hotel rates?
Most of our properties include breakfast with the rate; however, breakfast is not included in some apartments. The rates listed on our website and in our brochure will state whether breakfast is included. Our hotel vouchers also include this information.
6. What type of bedding is offered in a triple room?
Bedding varies per property. Some examples of bedding in a triple room include: one double and one single, three singles, one double and a roll away bed, two twins and a roll away bed, etc.
7. What time can my client check in and out of their hotel?
The check-in time is at 3pm and the check-out time is at 11am for most hotels. Best Western hotels require a credit card guarantee for late arrivals after 4pm. Due to new credit card restrictions we cannot release your information. Contact Best Western at (800) 633-6548.
8. If my clients arrive earlier than the check-in time, will the hotel hold their baggage?
Most hotels can store your luggage until your designated check-in time.
9. How will my clients be met for their arrival transfer?
For all Airport transfers passengers will be greeted at baggage claim and for Rail transfers, passengers will be greeted on the platform. Transfer personnel will have a sign displaying the passenger name. Please instruct your clients to check the voucher for specific info.
10. What is the baggage allowance for transfers?
Our transfer rates are valid for one medium-sized suitcase and one carry-on bag per person. You may be expected to store the carry-on bag on your lap during the transfer. If you expect to have more luggage, rates may increase.
1. How do I make special requests, such as: seat assignments; frequent flyer numbers; wheelchair assistance; special meals; etc?
To make special requests, please contact our reservation department at (800) 422-5053, or contact the carrier directly.
2. How do I receive the electronic air tickets?
Your electronic ticket receipt and invoice will be included with your documents.
1. What kind of car rental fees should my clients be aware of for their upcoming trip?
Please review your Avanti invoice at the time of booking. Our prepaid rentals clearly state covered costs, and also list known fees which CANNOT be collected in advance. Look for the “Important Car Fees and Notices” section. For more information, see our blog post on the subject.
2. Do my clients need an international drivers license to rent a car?
An International Drivers License may be required in some countries. We will advise you at the time of booking if one is required to rent the vehicle.
3. How do I know if there is a drop charge when booking a car in one city and dropping in another city?
International one-way rentals will always have a drop charge. Domestic one-way rentals may vary depending on the car type and country. We will notify you if there is a drop charge approximately 1 business day after we receive your car reservation.
4. Is the one-way drop charge included in the price of my rental?
No. All additional charges, including one-way drop fees, are paid locally to the car vendor.
1. When will I receive documents?
Documents are issued via UPS at least 3 weeks prior to the US departure date listed on your itinerary.
2. How can I track my documents?
Once documents are sent, the UPS tracking information is added to the top of your invoice, which you can view by logging into the Agent Dashboard.
3. Can you send documents electronically?
Many of our documents are physical paper documents, but where possible we can issue electronic documents if requested.
1. Where can I find information about the Trip Mate travel insurance protection plan offered by Avanti Destinations?
2. How do I file a claim with Trip Mate?
A claim must be filed with Trip Mate Insurance by calling (800) 888-7292, or online here.
1. What are your hours of operation?
For Reservations, you can call us at (800) 422-5053 Monday-Friday from 6:30am - 5:30pm PST to speak to one of our knowledgeable Travel Consultants. Alternatively, you can check availability, get pricing, make payments and create your booking online at any time.
2. What should I do if I need to reach someone while my clients are traveling?
Please call us at (800) 422-5053 to advise us of any change of status with your clients.
Exclusive Travel Agent FAQ
For Assistance Call: (800) 422-5053