|Frequently Asked Questions|
1. Do I have to be a travel agent to book on your website?|
Yes, you must be a licensed seller of travel to book on our website. If your agency is not registered with Avanti, please submit the agency registration form here and fax your W-9 information to us at (800) 422-9505.
2. How do I update my website user registration?
Please contact our Web Team with the details of your request: firstname.lastname@example.org
3. How do I change my password?
This can be done on our website by clicking on
Agent Login under
Agent Resources on our homepage. Then click on
Change my Password. If you have any problems, please call us at (800) 422-5053 ext 4020 or email us at email@example.com
4. If I booked over the phone, can I apply payment online?
Yes, you can apply payment via our website for any booking. Login to our site for secure access. The “Apply Payment” link under “Agent Resources” will not display until you login.
5. Are all the products that you offer available online?
Unfortunately, not all of our products can be booked online at this time. Particularly our specialty products like Italian Villas, B&Bs in Ireland and the UK, as well as Châteaux in France.
6. How do I modify my bookings online?
If your quote is not paid, you may access your booking by first logging into your account. Once you are in the Agent Dashboard, find "Active Bookings" and click on the quote number you would like to modify. Once the quote is accessed, you will see the "modify booking" option at the top of the page. Land items may be added, changed, or removed from the booking. If the booking is paid, it cannot be modified online. Please contact us at 888-422-5053 if you need to make changes to a booking that is paid.
7. Can I book more than one room at a time?
Multiple rooms can be booked in the same itinerary. After adding in the first room to the itinerary, use the “add another room” button for additional rooms.
1. Can I book only tours and transfers with Avanti Destinations? |
Yes! We require a minimum $500 on a booking if it only contains tours and/or transfers.
2. Where do I find my invoice?
Please log-in to your account to access your Agent Dashboard. From here, you can access all your active saved itineraries, quotes and bookings. When you are viewing the itinerary, you will find options at the top of the screen to email this itinerary to yourself or your client.
3. How do I add or remove services from my booking?
Prior to deposit or initial payment, you may modify your booking online. If payment has been applied, you will need to call us to make any changes. Fees may apply.
4. How do I apply payment to a booking?
You can apply payment via our website for any booking. Login to our site, for secure access. The “Apply Payment” link under “Agent Resources” will not display until you login.
Please send agency check payments to our office:
111 SW Columbia St.
Portland, OR 97201
5. How do I know when the items in my booking are confirmed?
Hotels, Tours and Transfers will be requested once payment is received. Requests typically take 1-3 business to process. If the products selected are not available, we will offer alternate products.
Once we have an updated status on your request, we will send you an updated invoice including the status of each item. You can also check online to see if there has been an update, as your online invoice will display the most up-to-date status.
1. What destinations does Avanti sell?|
Our destinations include Europe, Central America and South America.
Within Europe, we offer the following countries:
Within Central America, we offer the following countries:
- Czech Republic
- The Netherlands
- Northern Ireland
Within South America, we offer the following countries:
- Costa Rica
2. Where do I find descriptions of hotels and tours?
Descriptions of our products can be accessed whether you are booking or browsing. If you are booking an itinerary, all of the descriptions will be available in the product link. If you are just looking for descriptions of our products, the easiest way is to browse our Product Guides where you’ll be able to find all of our hotels, tours and vacation packages per country and city. If you would like more information on our vacations, like detailed itineraries, please visit
Vacation Packages on the top navigation bar of our website.
3. Do all hotels offer A/C?
Not all hotels have A/C. Standards throughout different countries can vary greatly. Keep in mind that even if a hotel offers A/C, there could be local government regulations controlling the season that these can be used.
4. My clients are arriving on a cruise. Can you arrange pre- and post-cruise stays, tours, etc?
Yes, we can arrange hotel accommodations, sightseeing options and transfers to/from the pier. Here is a quick guide to our pre- and post-cruise packages, but of course, you can customize any of our products to best suit your client’s needs. If referring to our brochures, please look for the pre- and post-cruise icon used to designate where these options are available.
5. Is breakfast included with your hotel rates?
Most of our properties include breakfast with the rate; however, breakfast is not included in some apartments. The rates listed on our website and in our brochure will state whether breakfast is included. Our hotel vouchers also include this information.
6. What type of bedding is offered in a triple room?
Bedding varies per property. Some examples of bedding in a triple room include: one double and one single, three singles, one double and a roll away bed, two twins and a roll away bed, etc.
7. What time can my client check in and out of their hotel?
The check-in time is at 3pm and the check-out time is at 11am for most hotels. Best Western hotels require a credit card guarantee for late arrivals after 4pm. Due to new credit card restrictions we cannot release your information. Contact Best Western at (800) 633-6548.
8. If my clients arrive earlier than the check-in time, will the hotel hold their baggage?
Most hotels can store your luggage until your designated check-in time.
9. How will my clients be met for their arrival transfer?
For all airport transfers, passengers will be greeted at baggage claim and for Rail transfers, passengers will be greeted on the platform. Transfer personnel will have a sign displaying the passenger name. Please instruct your clients to check the voucher for specific info.
10. What is the baggage allowance for transfers?
Our transfer rates are valid for one medium-sized suitcase and one carry-on bag per person. You may be expected to store the carry-on bag on your lap during the transfer. If you expect to have more luggage, rates may increase. Porterage and baggage handling is not included unless specified on the transfer voucher.
1. How do I make special requests, such as: seat assignments; frequent flyer numbers; wheelchair assistance; special meals; etc?|
To make special requests, please contact our reservation department at (800) 422-5053, or contact the carrier directly.
2. How do I receive the electronic air tickets?
Your electronic ticket receipt and invoice will be included with your documents.
1. What kind of car rental fees should my clients be aware of for their upcoming trip?|
Please review your Avanti invoice at the time of booking. Our prepaid rentals clearly state covered costs, and also list known fees which CANNOT be collected in advance. Look for the “Important Car Fees and Notices” section. For more information, see our blog post on the subject.
2. Do my clients need an international drivers license to rent a car?
An International Drivers License may be required in some countries. We will advise you at the time of booking if one is required to rent the vehicle.
3. How do I know if there is a drop charge when booking a car in one city and dropping in another city?
International one-way rentals will always have a drop charge. Domestic one-way rentals may vary depending on the car type and country. We will notify you if there is a drop charge approximately 1 business day after we receive your car reservation.
4. Is the one-way drop charge included in the price of my rental?
No. All additional charges, including one-way drop fees, are paid locally to the car vendor.
1. When will I receive documents?|
Documents are issued via UPS at least 3 weeks prior to the US departure date listed on your itinerary.
2. How can I track my documents?
Once documents are sent, the UPS tracking information is added to the top of your invoice, which you can view by logging into the Agent Dashboard.
3. Can you send documents electronically?
Many of our documents are physical paper documents, but where possible we can issue electronic documents if requested.
1. Where can I find information about the Trip Mate travel insurance protection plan offered by Avanti Destinations?|
Information regarding our Trip Mate Travel Protection Plan can be found here. If you wish to see approximate insurance rates, please refer to our pricing chart here.
2. How do I file a claim with Trip Mate?
A claim must be filed with Trip Mate Insurance by calling (800) 888-7292, or online here.
1. What are your hours of operation?|
For Reservations, you can call us at (800) 422-5053 Monday-Friday from 6:30am - 5:30pm PST to speak to one of our knowledgeable Travel Consultants. Alternatively, you can check availability, get pricing, make payments and create your booking online at any time.
2. What should I do if I need to reach someone while my clients are traveling?
Please call us at (800) 422-5053 to advise us of any change of status with your clients.
Travel Agents - Please Login to View All Frequently Asked Questions
Exclusive Travel Agent FAQ
1. Is payment due at time of booking?|
If the booking is made outside 60 days, a deposit of $150 per person will be required within 10 days, and final payment will be required 60 days prior to departure date. For bookings made inside 60 days, see guidelines below. Special holiday payment procedures apply from December 15 - January 15. Please note that there are some products that need to be paid at the time of deposit.
Booked 60+ Days before US Departure = 10 Day Hold and Deposit with Full Payment due 60 Days prior to Departure.
Booked 22-60 Days before US Departure = 10 Day Hold and Full Payment
Booked 15-21 Days before US Departure = 1 Day Hold and Full Payment
Booked within 14 Days = Please Call Us at 800-422-5053.
1. I would like to arrange a gift in my client's hotel room as a thank you present. Can Avanti arrange to have a gift delivered to their room?|
Yes, we can help you arrange a bottle of wine, or a fruit basket, to be delivered to your client’s hotel. Cost varies on gift selection and location of hotel.
1. I’m an outside agent that works with a host agency. Can I have documents sent to my home, or to my clients directly?|
Yes, we can mail documents to any 3rd party address; however, commissions are always sent to the registered address of the agency.
1. What are the procedures for contacting you in a Post Travel situation?|
In the event that you need information concerning your booking after your clients have returned from their trip, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please try to include all pertinent information concerning your request. All post-travel claims must reach our Customer Relations Department within 30 days after your client's have arrived back from their trip.
Sales and Marketing Resources
1. How do I update my agency address?|
On your company letterhead, please send a fax with your updated information to (800) 422-9505.
2. I’ve changed agencies and need to update my website registration with my new ARC/IATA number. How do I do this?
Please contact our Web Team at email@example.com with the details of your request.
3. How do I check my commission rate?
For commission rate inquiries, please contact Gina Bang, our Inside Sales Manager: firstname.lastname@example.org.
4. When do I receive my commission?
Commissions are issued the week after the your client's departure date stated on your invoice.
5. Where can I find your sales and marketing contact numbers?
After logging into our website, click on the "Contact Us" link at the top of the page. This will provide our Sales and Marketing contact information.
6. I would like training on your destinations and products. How do you recommend I proceed?
You can access our past webinars from our Agent Resource section of our homepage. Click on our “Webinar Archive” link for access. There is a wealth of information on our destinations, hotels and sightseeing attractions that you can access on demand. For in-office trainings, please contact your Regional Sales Director.
7. How do I order and/or print brochures
Under the Agent Resource subheader on our homepage, you may order or print brochures from your computer. If you would like to save the brochure on your computer to email or print on demand, feel free use our brochure PDF files.
8. Do you have marketing materials that I can promote to my clients?
Yes, we have a variety of flyers that you can distribute to your clients. In the Agent Resource section of our homepage, click the “Order/Download Brochures & Flyers” link. After logging in, you will be able to download our flyers and enter in your agency contact information to the second page of the document, after you save it to your computer.